Mostly, it’s the little things that make me happy. At first look, they might seem small and meaningless but just wait till you get to be my age, you’ll appreciate them too. In the grand scheme of things, the smaller they seem, the greater the pleasure. Let you show you some of them—it’s not THAT funny!
- finding the leftover chocolate when scavenging for a snack and not worrying how long it’s been there
- finding my slippers in the middle of the night on the way to the can
- finding I’ve pulled up the covers on the bed on the way to the bathroom so the bed’s nice and warm when I return. Yay.
- not having to get up to the can more than once or twice a night. Burrrr.
- the cat’s sleeping in and not waking me to feed him
- sleeping past 6:00 AM
- giving up on all those miracle creams that are NOT working their magic anymore
- not forgetting to gas up before my trip so I won’t be stranded
- finding my keys where I put them (in my purse)
- finding my cell phone still has a charge
- remembering my PIN number
If I could just remember where I’ve put my glasses, life would be almost perfect. Oh, by the way, I can’t forget that my lip reading skills aren’t up to scratch yet so I have to keep asking my kids and grandkids to repeat the question…or is it the answer?